Monday, September 6, 2010

6 Small-home secrets

6 small-home secrets

1. Paint all the rooms the same light hue. Match flooring and other shared surfaces for a seamless look.
2. Build in storage cupboards with doors and buy a closet-organizing system ― “worth the splurge to keep the house neat,” Julie Hart says.
3. Install inexpensive wall pegs to make cleanup a snap and keep frequently used items at the ready.
4. Choose easy-stow guest seats for living areas.
5. Create several places in the backyard to lounge and entertain, especially if you live in a relatively warm area.
6. Re-evaluate your belongings every few months. Donate, recycle or discard what’s not needed.

As seen on Sunset.com

1 comment:

  1. I have to tell you that your comments have blessed me so much. I have been going through a lot lately and blogging has been low on the priority list. But it means so much to know you like my blog and ME for that matter. Often, when our lives catch up with us, people forget us when they don't see a post that often. Sad but true. It is so nice to know you want to catch up on my life and things I post. It encourages me, lifts me up, and reminds me that I have friends I have never met. Thank you so much. You never know how one comment will lift someone up!!!

    ReplyDelete