6 small-home secrets1. Paint all the rooms the same light hue. Match flooring and other shared surfaces for a seamless look.
2. Build in storage cupboards with doors and buy a closet-organizing system ― “worth the splurge to keep the house neat,” Julie Hart says.
3. Install inexpensive wall pegs to make cleanup a snap and keep frequently used items at the ready.
4. Choose easy-stow guest seats for living areas.
5. Create several places in the backyard to lounge and entertain, especially if you live in a relatively warm area.
6. Re-evaluate your belongings every few months. Donate, recycle or discard what’s not needed.
As seen on Sunset.com