Sunday, April 25, 2010

Framed Sentiments

A friend and I got together to make up some framed sentiment projects to see what we could come up with for a women's get together.  This is what we came up with.  The stamp set is Close to My heart and  came with 3 different  flower designs.   I tried to stamp out and color a daisy image, but the markers we were using made it look to color bookish, so I ended up making the calla lilies like my friend did.  I used a different ink, marker and phrase than she did.  I always have to be different !  Here it is!

Mine is the one on the right.  I liked the paper so much, that I didn't want to cover too much of it up when I put a coordinating paper behind the stamped image, so I trimmed it really close, maybe a little too much when you compare it to my friend's, but by itself, I like it.  I like how the calla lilies are softer on the frame to the left, but using the darker ink like I used makes them pop more too.  They both work.  These frames are 4" x 6".

Click on images to enlarge them. 

My husband gave me this stamp set for my birthday, so I made him this stamped sentiment for his birthday.  the sentiment is a quote from Helen Keller, so wise she was.  This frame is 5" X 7"


So I was on a role with these stamped sentiment projects and made this one to let the women know they could use other stamps than the flowers.  I had the paper already in my stash from a paper pack.  I really like how the writing on the background paper coordinates with the scroll cross and sentiment.  The frame is 5" X 7". 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment