Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer Time Vacation

So after attending Grandpa's funeral on Friday and spending the day with family, we headed up to Grandpa's cabin in Minnesota on Saturday.  We thought of canceling our plans, but Grandpa would not have wanted that.  So we started our vacation a couple of days later than planned and are now enjoying this peaceful place up on the lake listening to the loons and trying to catch some fish.  (Some days are better than others.)   Grandpa and Grandma have taken really good care of this place.  It is nicer now than when I was a child.  One of the best parts is that it is just five feet off the water!  My husband's folks joined us up here as well.  They are impressed by everything and are enjoying watching all of the different types of birds that are here.  Especially the loons and the orioles.  They even bought a bird feeder (a knitted bag style) to hopefully attract some goldfinches too.  (and they have!)  So anyway, this is where I am, so I'm not doing any crafting (although I do have some beads if I really get bored!).  I hope you all are enjoying your summer and are being creative, (even if it's only choosing something new to make for dinner).  Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment