Friday, October 30, 2009

My First Card for Baby Congrats



This is the first card I made this year for a baby congrats. I used Stampin' Up stamps. I had bought a CuttleBug die cutter and embossing machine with Christmas money in March of this year and I was playing with it by embossing papers and vellum. And in the same week or so I played around with the stamps by stamping and coloring in the images. So, when I saw how cute the baby images turned out, I decided to do something with them instead of throwing them away. So again, "playing" with my different supplies, I inked all over a hot pink, embossed card stock, with white ink, which made the embossed dots pop off the paper. I glued this over a card I had made with white card stock. Before gluing I rounded each corner with a corner rounder punch. I carefully cut around each stamped baby image and inked around each edge with pink ink and then glued those to the front of the card. I liked how this turned out so much that I decided to decorate the inside of the card as well. So I used some acrylic stamps from a set I purchased through OTC (Oriental Trading Company). I also used a diaper pin punch from Martha Stewart. I inked up the pins with a silver ink for a more realistic look. I also inked around the entire inside of the card with a light pink ink. Finally, so it would have a home, I used the last baby image I stamped and colored on the back of the card on top of some embossed vellum that I inked with pink ink. I really like how this card turned out and am going to make it again using more muted, lighter pinks then the hot pink I started with. I hope you enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment