Friday, October 30, 2009

B-Day gift for a 5 year old








































So last week, my husband and I were invited to our friend's daughter's B-Day party. She was turning 5. Last year we got her some My Little Pony, miniature toys knowing she liked playing with this type of toys. I do not know what else she likes and I did not want to repeat what we gave her last year and since money is a bit tight these days I decided to make her some jewelery. While I was looking for my beads and findings I came across this cute, pink, mini- skirt purse. I think I was planning on decorating it and giving it to my niece, but never got around to it. So after digging out all my supplies I went to the store to get a few things. I found some cute flower charms and some acrylic flower stickers. I also bought a card since I don't have anything birthday in my stamps. So I had this silver chain necklace in my stash that I cut apart and added the flower charms to with split rings. Split rings are what I almost always use to attach charms to jewelery so that the charms don't fall off. (think key ring) I glued the the flower rhinestones to the purse with Aleene's OK to wash it. I also made a bracelet with Swarovski Crystal (which I finished at the party after I got the girl's measurement of her wrist). I made some earrings to match that are pretty and dainty. All of the women at the party loved what I made, I hope the girl does too.

No comments:

Post a Comment